Notifications
Clear all

I read a tweet yesterday…

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Saying after the Elon take over of the app in the next 6 to 18 months spec scripts will be filled with Tech-Bro stereotype villains. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about that - how does the modern Tech-Bro differ from, say, several of the Bond villains we’ve seen over the years?

But, I can’t disagree with the tweeter’s thought about how spec scripts all seem to shift in directions depending on the world at large.

if you’re going to use a Tech-bro villain, how will yours be different from the multitude of others that are going to flood the marketplace? 

Best,

Chris

3 Replies

I think we are already seeing it. These types of villains or a reflection of the time.  She-Hulk is a good example. The rich tech (dude) bro faux ally with toxic masculinity is here. Whereas the old bond villains reflected the dictators of the time such as Colonel Gaddafi or Kim Jung il. They took inspiration and turned the dial to 11. Nowadays we are seeing the Elon Musks, Zuckerburgs, or Pharmacy bros who are all ripe for the picking. 

2 Replies

Reputable Member

Excellent point. 

I just fear in six months time I’ll be reading a slew of scripts with a veiled version of Elon as the villain.

Share: