Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Animalypse

5 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

When animals and plants start turning into giant deadly monsters, a young FBI agent investigates the world's biggest agrochemical corporation facing powerful political and special interests and an army of ruthless mercenaries to prevent the Animalypse, the animal apocalypse, from spreading worldwide.

4 Replies
1 Reply

Eminent Member

You're off to a good start! Also consider personal stakes. What is your central character's motivation? Give the audience something they can connect with. Maybe your character's parents own a farm and are killed in the first act. That could serve as the initial drive/motivation for your character to get the bottom of what's going on and who is responsible for it. 

Keep at it!

-Katie

Reputable Member

That sounds interesting, but I think the log line is a little long and explaining.

I’m sending this has a comedy vibe, so my suggestion may be a bit too serious, but:

When a global conglomerate transforms animals and plants into flesh eating monsters, only one rookie FBI Agent sees the pending apocalypse, but to prove his theory he’ll face blood thirsty mercenaries and worse - politicians funded by special interests.

🙂

or

A global conglomerate transforms plants into monsters while using political special interest to cover their trail, but one rookie FBI Agent sees the pending Plantocalypse and will risk his career to reveal the truth.

I also think knowing/suggesting what the FBI Agents personal stakes are would be helpful.

Best,

chris

Trusted Member

Hello, there,

That is a very busy logline. 

How to build a logline from this site:

1. Who is my central character, describe them?

2. What does my character need?

3. What is stopping them?

4. What makes the story unique?

Hook us with your central character. Also, what genre? Is it a comedy? Sci-fi thriller?

I agree with a lot of what Chris suggested.

"A rookie FBI agent on the verge of flunking out of the academy, discovers a government cover-up...."

Is the screenplay already written? Or, is this a logline to get the bones of the story?

Best of luck!

Lots of great tips here from Irina and Katie. Chris, you nailed that logline! Thanks for posting Octavio. 

Share: