Notifications
Clear all

Work resumes on the new project

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I stopped last week because the mystery aspect went wonky when I changed some things. So I did a massive edit on the first 70 pages and spent all day yesterday and this morning applying those changes.

Then I was finally able to start forging forward again.

20+pages today. 

I’m not through yet and still need an a major edit to clean up the first act.

But this Horror is mystery is headed in what I think is the right direction. 🙂

Topic Tags
5 Replies

Glad to see you get moving forward!

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Still working on this script.

I finished the vomit draft on December 31st, but the edit/rewrite process to lift it up to a more first draft worthy status continues.

this is probably the longest I’ve ever spent on a single script all at once. Which is an odd sensation.

I built, somewhat purposefully, multiple arcs, characters and events to surround a murder mystery and I’m fighting to make sure it feels like all the characters have a complete arc and are not just there to to provide for another character. 

keeping my fingers crossed I succeed.

Sometimes the best thing a mature writer can do is force themselves to take a break instead of powering through!

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Oh, I have. 

There have been several times where I decided to walk away - just to give the story time to breathe. 

I initially plotted this in August. I’ve been working on it ever since.

This script has been about balance. And that along has required me to step back several times so I can look at it in a different way. 🙂

Page 1 / 2
Share: