Forum

DARK MESSIAH TV Ser...

Notifications
Clear all

DARK MESSIAH TV Series Pilot Logline

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Logline Builder Blog Logline Lab Create a Post Screenplay Library Script Services
Topic starter

A drug-addled, middle-aged mother mistakenly claims she was a virgin when she gave birth while she was fifteen; and while he doubts her story, an award-winning journalist helps the unremarkable drunk morph into the Messiah society desperately needs.

5 Replies
3 Replies

Ask a question about Screenwriting TV & Film Analysis Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Podcast Screenplay Library Logline Builder Industry interviews Hollywood Writers & Directors Script Services Live Streams
Reputable Member

Hmm…

A former award winning reporter desperate for a story to save his career uses a drug-addled woman withI says she had an immaculate conception, but neither are prepared when the public decides she may be the messiah. 

i dunno - just playing with it. 🙂

Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab
20 min Consultation with Geoffrey D. Calhoun 15% off StoryandPlot.com 30% off at Filmustage.com Manager Contact List

I like your take but then it comes down to who is the central character the reporter or the mother.

Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab
20 min Consultation with Geoffrey D. Calhoun 15% off StoryandPlot.com 30% off at Filmustage.com Manager Contact List

Thanks for posting this Lee

Oh, that is really interesting! I want to think on this a bit longer but here is a quick shot of a shorter version.

A drug-addled mother lies about the immaculate conception of her child when she was 15 only to be investigated by an award-winning journalist bent on making her the messiah she claims to be.

Like a post Ask a question about Screenwriting Create a Post Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Screenplay Library Get a like on a post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops Blog Books Industry interviews Live Streams Script Services
Eminent Member

Very unique concept!

I think Geoffrey's pared down rewrite is great but my question to you, Leewriter1, is "mistakenly" important to the story? Did she lie about this or was she tricked into believing it to be so? 

Share: