Forum

Notifications
Clear all

INSIDE MAN

8 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Ask a question about Screenwriting TV & Film Analysis Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Podcast Screenplay Library Logline Builder Industry interviews Hollywood Writers & Directors Script Services Live Streams
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I started watching this the other night. Gucci is, as always, amazing. But Atkins Estimond steals scenes left and right.as does Dolly Wells who is frightening in her intensity.

I love the premise of the show, and it is well written and but felt there was a conflict as to how the show was presented. It seemed to want to be an intense drama, a quirky drama and, at times, light hearted.

Still, I enjoyed it for the powerful acting that shined through at every turn.

7 Replies
Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab
15% off StoryandPlot.com 30% off at Filmustage.com Manager Contact List

I'll add this to my list. I just started watching Cabinet of Curiosities which has a really nice old-school Hitchcock, Outerlimits, and twilight zone feel. The episodes are uneven. But my favorite is one titled The Autopsy.

2 Replies

Ask a question about Screenwriting TV & Film Analysis Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Podcast Screenplay Library Logline Builder Industry interviews Hollywood Writers & Directors Script Services Live Streams
Reputable Member

Which streamer is it on? I’m curious to check it out as I love old Twilight Zone’s, Outerlimits and Hitchcock.

Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab

Netflix! My good man!

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Finished INSIDE MAN last night. Enjoyable watch.

The acting was, without a doubt amazing. I forgot to mention David Tennant who really gave a tremendous performance and added a layer of desperation. It's a show filled with astonishingly great performances. 

Some really nice story beats - but, for me, it missed out on what could have been a truly amazing show. That being said, I'd watch a second season.

It's only 4 episodes. 

1 Reply

I will give it a watch!

Get a like on a post Ask a question about Screenwriting Create a Post Like a post Logline Lab Blog
Trusted Member

I finished the fourth and final season of The Sinner. Such a great show, even though it became formulaic. 
Now I’m watching The Magicians. Season 1.

But, I need to watch the Witcher again and mourn the loss of Henry Cavill as Geralt. Still so angry about that casting change.

1 Reply

Season 1 Witcher was pretty disjointed for me. I really did enjoy The Magicians!

Share: