Forum

I’m rewatching my D...

Notifications
Clear all

I’m rewatching my DVDs of Yellowstone

8 Posts
2 Users
5 Likes
Ask a question about Screenwriting TV & Film Analysis Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Podcast Screenplay Library Logline Builder Industry interviews Hollywood Writers & Directors Script Services Live Streams
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Sad the show is going away. 

7 Replies
1 Reply

Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab
20 min Consultation with Geoffrey D. Calhoun 15% off StoryandPlot.com 30% off at Filmustage.com Manager Contact List

I am yet to get into that one. How many seasons?

Ask a question about Screenwriting TV & Film Analysis Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Logline Lab Seminars & Workshops high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Podcast Screenplay Library Logline Builder Industry interviews Hollywood Writers & Directors Script Services Live Streams
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Seasons 1-4 are complete.

the first half of an extended season 5 is out, the back half was promised for Summer, but as they haven’t even started filming it yet that estimate has been pushed way back.

allegedly - several of the existing characters will wind up in the as yet unnamed spin off that will star Matthew McConaughey.

4 Replies

Get a like on a post Like a post Create a Post Live Streams Seminars & Workshops TV & Film Analysis Hollywood Writers & Directors Screenwriting Gurus Industry interviews Logline Builder Screenplay Library Podcast high tech, binary numbers, face-185146.jpg Character Database Script Services Books Blog Screenwriting Gigs Logline Lab
20 min Consultation with Geoffrey D. Calhoun 15% off StoryandPlot.com 30% off at Filmustage.com Manager Contact List

Still haven't gotten to that one. However I did begin The Diplomat which is absolutely incredible.

Reputable Member

I knew you’d like it.

the characters show themselves instantly and stay consistent. The plot is fluid and they embrace the episodic structure while world building. 

it’s a really well written show.

I love the fact that her husband truly loves her but is actually the antagonist out for himself.

Reputable Member

He truly is ass - but he still loves her. He doesn’t deserve her. 

and she loves him and can’t let him go no matter how much she desperately wants to and knows she should.

it made for such a powerful dynamic to watch. The subtext if it was beautiful.

It's a masterclass in writing television.

Share: